We’re recruiting for a Chief Executive Officer!
Job Type: Full time, Location: Home based – London preferred
Salary: Competitive, dependent upon experience.
The Circle is a small but mighty charity focused on achieving equality for women and girls in a fairer world and led by a network of inspiring women.
We are looking for an ambitious and strategic leader to take the organisation to the next level. You will understand how a charity works, have a passion for women’s rights and deliver the right combination of strategic insight and elbow grease.
The Circle is an organisation of women working together to achieve equality for women and girls in a fairer world.
Founded by singer, songwriter & human rights activist, Annie Lennox in 2008, The Circle is inspired by the knowledge that when women come together and organise, they can be a powerful force for change. We are a network of women from all walks of life and all backgrounds who have something in common: the awareness that we still do not live in a world where women and girls have equal rights and equal opportunities.
What We Do
We stand as Global Feminists committed to making a difference in the global movement for gender inequality. We work to bring innovative solutions to complex women’s rights issues by campaigning for equal opportunities and rights and raising funds for and delivering impactful projects that empower women
Our Vision for the Future
Equality for women and girls in a fairer world.
Our Mission Towards Achieving our Vision
To inspire and connect women – create an environment where women can come together: to share experiences, harness their skills, draw on their resources, influence and bring about lasting change. Ultimately to support some of the most disempowered women and girls in the world as they challenge the injustice of inequality.
Our Values That Underlie our Beliefs, Guide What We Do and How We Do It
Empowerment: We believe that empowered women and girls can make a positive difference, not only to their own lives, but also those of the wider community.
Passion: We express our passion for the rights of women and girls through our communications and activities.
Innovation: We work in innovative ways to create and generate effective action.
Respect and equality: We respect the right to hold and express different viewpoints, embracing the belief that everyone has a valid contribution to make.
How We Work
We know that to bring about lasting change, we need to work together – make connections, use our influence, use our skills and creativity and raise funds. Once we’ve got a plan of action and something to say, it’s vital to spread the word and inspire others to act. So we focus our work on four key functions:
Connecting, Advising, Amplifying, Funding
We are looking for a highly motivated efficient and strategic leader who can lead The Circle, as we move into the next phase of development and growth. The role requires strategic thinking as well as an ability to drive the operational performance of the Circle. Working with a small team, the role requires a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
You will develop strategies to amplify The Circle’s advocacy work, deliver strong and compelling communication and support the projects to deliver sustainable positive change to the lives of women and girls. This role will work closely with The Board, Circle leads, ambassadors and the team. You will have experience in leading small and agile organisations, a thorough understanding of the women’s rights agenda and a strong track record of developing impactful partnerships. You will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of the power of advocacy, communication and campaigns as well as an appreciation of effective programme interventions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of the strategy to ensure effective delivery of the mission and vision of the Circle
- Identify and secure funding to support the delivery of the strategic plan and maximise income.
- Develop and implement an annual plan which enables the delivery of the strategic objectives
- Ensure that rigorous and effective processes are in place to meet and monitor strategic objectives and provide regular reports to Board on the progress of strategic plans.
- Provide outstanding leadership and people management to The Circle’s staff, consultants and volunteers.
- Manage The Circle’s Ambassador Programme
- Promote The Circle and its work with key stakeholders and develop and maintain effective networks to ensure the furtherance of its aims.
- Expand and promote the profile, role and impact of The Circle.
- Ensure there is an effective marketing and communications strategy to cover all media channels to develop awareness, profile and reputation of The Circle.
- Proactively build the Circle brand in the UK and globally
- Report to the Board and work closely with the Chair.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior role working within the field of women’s rights, with proven record of delivering results.
- Strong track record of fundraising and developing and managing strategic partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of vision setting and strategy development.
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience of managing projects and organising large public events.
- Experience in working with prominent individuals and leaders.
- Ability to build and harness partnerships with influential stakeholders and establishing and maintaining strong networks.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, with a willingness to get stuck in and a positive and proactive approach to tasks.
In Return, We Offer:
- A fantastic opportunity to make an impact in the world.
- Working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation in a supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working
Please apply via CharityJob. Applications close on 31st January 2020.