Chai Day 2019
Chai Day is our national fundraising initiative on November 25. Chai Day is about gathering together with friends, family or colleagues, and using that time to do some good.This is a movement that you can take part in to raise funds to support survivors of gender-based violence.
Chai Day was started by The Asian Circle in 2016 as a day to raise funds to support survivors of gender-based violence. November 25th is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and the day that The Circle will focus the conversation on this international issue through our Chai Day events. Over the past three years Chai Day has grown from strength to strength and in 2019 we would like to raise more money than ever to support projects working to end violence against women.
“If violence against women were a disease, it would be referred to as an epidemic”
– At least one in three women around the world have been beaten, coerced into sex or abused in their lifetime.
– It is estimated that, worldwide, one in five women will become a victim of rape or attempted rape in her lifetime.
Gender-based violence is a global issue and women’s organisations and services combatting it are woefully underfunded. Our Chai Day projects need your support to continue their vital work.
When is Chai Day?
25 November 2019 is the International Day to End Violence Against Women and the beginning of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, so we are asking you to come together and hold your Chai Day within this period.
How can I organise a Chai Day?
Many of The Circle’s members, friends and colleagues have held Chai Days in their offices, universities and schools. A Chai Day can be a big party or a small gathering with a few friends and a cup of tea. We believe that the best and most effective way for us to raise awareness is to reach out to as many communities as possible.
You don’t have to be a member of The Circle to support Chai Day. We’ll provide you with the invites and the awareness packs, and all you have to do is invite a few friends, brew a pot of chai, bake some cakes and make a difference for women around the globe!
1) Register your interest in the form below and download your Chai Day pack
2) Invite friends and family together to raise money for our Chai Day projects
3) Get creative! In the past, people have organised raffles, games or take donations to raise funds. You could invite local performers or hold a baking competition.
4) Send in the money you’ve raised which will go directly to our Chai Day projects.
Don’t forget to tag The Circle in your social media posts and use the hashtag #ChaiDay!
Register your interest for Chai Day 2019!
This year we would like to grow this initiative and help reach more people through Chai Days all around the world. If you would like to raise funds and awareness about the issue, start thinking about how you can organise and host your own Chai Day in 2019.
If you are interested in or planning to hold a Chai Day please fill in the details below so we can be in touch and help you.