An organisation of women working together to achieve equality for women and girls in a fairer world
Founded by singer-songwriter and activist Annie Lennox in 2008, The Circle is a unique organisation inspired by the notion that when women come together and organise, they can be a powerful force for change. We are a global network of women from all walks of life and all backgrounds who have something in common: the awareness that we still do not live in a world where women and girls have equal rights and equal opportunities. History shows us that when the collective power of women come together positive change can be achieved.
What we have achieved
● Since 2008, the women of The Circle have raised over £2.5m.
● This has supported over 160,000 women and girls in more than 16 countries.
● We have produced reports that have set out the legal argument for the rights of women in regards to both the Maputo Protocol in Africa and a Living Wage in the garment industry. These reports have then been used to advocate for change.
● We support a range of projects, organisations and campaigns each year that work on issues from violence against women and political representation to economic empowerment and education.
● We support women and girls all over the world from farmers to journalists.