An organisation of women working together to achieve equality for women and girls in a fairer world
Founded by Annie Lennox in 2008, The Circle is inspired by the notion that when women come together and organise, they can be a powerful force for change.
We are a network of women from all walks of life and all backgrounds who have something in common: the awareness that we still do not live in a world where women and girls have equal rights and equal opportunities.
What we have achieved
● Since 2008, the women of The Circle have raised over £2.5m.
● This has supported over 160,000 women and girls in more than 16 countries.
● We have produced reports that have set out the legal argument for the rights of women in regards to both the Maputo Protocol in Africa and a Living Wage in the garment industry. These reports have then been used to advocate for change.
● We support a range of projects, organisations and campaigns each year that work on issues from violence against women and political representation to economic empowerment and education.
● We support women and girls all over the world from farmers to journalists.